Pad Thai Recipe
I love this recipe because I can prep it ahead and it allows me to mix up the toppings depending on what I have in my fridge.
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup Bragg's Seasoning (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 14 ounces rice noodles or rice
- 1 medium crown of broccoli
- 1/3 cup sliced shallots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro or parsley
- 2 teaspoons neutral tasting oil, (optional, you can also water sauté)
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Toasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Lime wedges
- Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce in a medium bowl.
- Cook your noodles or rice according to package directions.
- Chop up the broccoli into pieces no bigger than a quarter and chop all remaining vegetables.
- Now that you have everything prepped, heat the oil or the water if you are going to water sauté over medium heat in a large skillet or wok.
- When the pan is hot, add the shallots and stir fry until they start to char around the edges, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes, add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds .
- Gently add the noodles or rice and 1/3 cup of the sauce and toss to be sure everything is coated. Keep adding sauce a little at a time until it is how you like it.
- Turn off the heat and fold in the green onions and cilantro or parsley.
- Top with cabbage, carrots, bean sprouts and seeds.
- Squirt with a wedge of lime and enjoy!
*adapted from Thug Kitchen