I have been craving some comfort food these days and nothing screams comfort like a casserole, especially a "cheesy" one! This is a great base to get you started. Feel free to add in your favorites. Chickpeas, peppers, mushrooms, chicken or whatever you fancy!
- Preheat oven 400 degrees. Lightly spray or brush casserole dish with oil and set aside.
- Prepare cashew sauce. In a high-speed blender, place cashews and water and process until smooth. Add yeast flakes, onion, tapioca starch, garlic and sea salt and process until creamy. Set aside.
- Heat a large heavy duty skillet with oil over medium high, saute onion and garlic until soft. Add broccoli florets and cook for about a minute.
- Add rice and sauce, stirring until fully coated and thicken and fully combined.
- Scoop broccoli rice casserole into the prepared casserole dish, cover and bake for 35-40 minutes or until slightly golden.